Monday, April 18, 2011

Inspiration and Self-Exploration

As I have said before, this blog is to help me with exploring my art and inspiration. This morning I began digging through boxes of old sketchbooks trying to find myself and find where I had lost site of who I was artistically. Before I was inundated with images from the internet, I used to have my own original thoughts. Due to my numerous and eclectic jobs after Art school I rarely had a chance to create. Then came the time I became a teacher and god bless summer vacation! I began painting again, but soon found an incredible artist Audrey Kawasaki. She mesmerized me and I began to copy her work in an effort to master her style and technique. I learned a lot about light and shadow I never knew before. I continue to love her work, but I am not her. I am desperate to find a way to express myself through my art again. Feeling lost, empty, and mute isn't helping me. So, I am starting from ground zero and going back to my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.