Saturday, March 24, 2012

Calligraphy and Hand Lettering

I haven't been inspired to create art in a while, but lately I have been wanting to get back into calligraphy and the art of hand lettering. I have been feeling the pull on my heart to create and to feel the rhythm and flow of the drawn line. This weekend I took the opportunity to decorate a few envelopes and write some letters to friends and family. It is a good excuse to catch up with people I haven't spoken to in awhile as well as feed my artistic need to create. I have done enough drooling on Pinterest collecting pictures of lettering, fonts, and beautifully crafted words over the last few days to finally kick my butt in gear to create something of my own. As much as I would love to show the entire envelope, I am refraining due to maintaining the privacy of those I am writing to.

Here is a little peek at how I am decorating my envelopes with flowers and script.

Stationary by DCWV Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.