Sunday, April 8, 2012

Purging and Renewal

In between naps and illness this week of Spring Break, I spent a great deal of time purging and cleansing my house and my life. I rearranged the furniture in my living and dining rooms to start my week off and it slowly grew from there. Next I took on the closets in my office. This meant taking a car load to Goodwill and purging lots of paperwork and unused supplies. All this extra space in my closets left me room to reorganize the essentials so that they could be utilized more effectively. For awhile I had been feeling I had no room to grow or to move anymore and had this overwhelming feeling of suffocation. While taking breaks from my office I redecorated my bathrooms and finally rearranged my bedroom furniture as well. Overall my house has a feeling of openness and organization that it has been needing for a while!

Inspiration from houzz.com


The picture I saw on Pinterest that set my organizing spree off is shown above. I bought myself a bookcase for the office to assist in this idea. The one I was currently using was the top of a corner desk and was more trouble than it was worth. So I decided to alleviate my frustrations and buy a bookcase that I wanted and that better fit my needs rather than "making do" with something inadequate. Other than a wall that is screaming to be painted now, I think I am done with my office. We'll see how I feel over summer break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.