Monday, May 12, 2014

Needing to Unwind: Cosmic Creations

I've been working 12 hour days at school in preparation for our First Annual Fine Art Night. So much to do and so little time. I would not be doing as well as I am if it weren't for my small army of fifth graders helping me with tagging, fixing, gluing, etc. Thursday it will all be over and with any luck I will have my life back again just in time to clean up for the end of school. My life is pretty much a blur right now.

 I've been waking up between 3:30-4:30 am to get my day started. Doing my chores around the house and prepping for the day's events. I have been trying to do a small painting or drawing every morning to unwind and give myself a little "me" time. This weekend a funny thing happened while I was trying to get some play time. A practice painting I did of the cosmos was sitting atop my studio desk next to some hummingbird stencils. I thought they should get to know each other better, so I traced and cut out two hummingbirds onto the cosmic painting. I shared my creation on FB and my sister suggested, then demanded, that I create one of an octopus. I was too in love with the details the octopus had to wiped them out. I instead painted the skin of the octopus to resemble that of the cosmos. Here are my little doodles that are helping me keep my sanity.

Notecards are in the works and prints of the octopus have been ordered. Make sure to check out my Etsy shop for updates.

Cosmic Hummingbirds

Cosmic Octopus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.