Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My trip to Pennsylvania for Fourth of July

I just got back from visiting my grandparents in Pennsylvania. Although I had been back for 2 other visits since my childhood, neither trip had left indelible memories. Trying to piece together the fragments and childhood experiences and translating those to my current state was very interesting. I have never lived near my extended family, nor been able to build strong bonds with any of them. While there, I had the best time being re-introduced to my Aunts and Uncles and building new relationships that I hope will continue to grow. I learned a lot about my family's history and as well as the area my mom grew up in. (There is no doubt in my mind where I get my sarcasm and humor from.)

Living in the desert I am surrounded by stucco and beige blah! I missed the brick and green from back east and spent a great deal of time looking up through sun dappled leaves. So many of the pictures I took were of vegetation or various brick buildings. At the first sight of lightning bugs caused me to catch my breath as their glowing bodies seemed like magic dust floating up escaping the grassy fields. My family laughed at all the common place things and events that I was in awe of while I was there, which is to be expected.

Overall, I had a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.