Wednesday, October 26, 2011

20/20 Cure Presented by Apartment Therapy

Yay! It's back and couldn't have come at a better time! The Cure is based on the book 

Apartment Therapy: The Eight-Step Home Cure written by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan over at Apartment Therapy.com Ever since I began this journey and process of the cure  3 years ago, I have done it every spring and fall since and swear by it. The 20/20 stands for 20 minutes of 20 days and your house will feel rejuvenated as well as you will feel refreshed since the process is in bite sizes steps and completely manageable.


What is the Cure? Well it is a way to cleanse, transform and purge your house every spring and fall. Maxwell walks you through reorganizing your house through a series of systematic steps and does it in bite size pieces so that conquering your house demons is a snap. What I like so much about the cure is not only the system to which you cleanse, but the thought process involved as well. For instance, one of the days you look at your books. They fill shelves in your house and collect dust, but how often do you really interact with them? In a lot of ways they are old thoughts and you need to be able to purge some of them in order to make room for new thoughts. I feel this way about my growing collection of art work around my house. I feel very suffocated by old thoughts with so much of my art hanging around the house.

Please join me in tackling the 20/20! I'd love to hear about your progress and ah-ha moments that come along the way. I'm off to do DAY ONE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.