Sunday, September 18, 2016

Classroom Update Since it has been Forever and a Day

Sorry I haven't written in over a year. I have been working two jobs, traveling around the world, making art, and riding my (new) bike on all sorts of adventures. All those stories are for another day!

Today, I wanted to share my excitement about my new and improved classroom that I am in the process of doing. Our school is going through major changes. One of which is that the whole school has been redone in a multitude of bright colors. We as teachers had the opportunity to paint our classrooms too. I was still love the color I had painted mine a few years back, but I did wish I could paint the hodge-podge of furniture in it. I got the green light, but still had no true vision for what I wanted. Until I went to the dollar store and found bulletin board border. Inspiration can hit you in the funniest places or because of the smallest thing. The color combo of the blue and green that currently exist in my room and spicing it up with a dash of pink and orange. I knew then it was time to hit the fabric store for a new backdrop for my bulletin board. Completely unintentionally, I found this amazing teal with metallic gold stars fabric that went awesomely with the gold frames I had up.



Friday night after work I did all the shopping. Saturday after working on lesson plans at home for 4 hours, I went to work for 3 hours to start the transformation. (I had to stop due to going to my other job at the ceramic studio.) Sunday I worked for 8 hours reorganizing everything since I had to remove it to paint the furniture. Which was various browns, grey, and beiges prior to my paint-a-thon.  No t only did I paint the furniture, but I also painted the front of the bins too. They were sold old and nasty. No amount of scrubbing was ever getting these bad boys clean!

I still have a file cabinet to repaint and the other side of the room to color coordinate to match. So exciting to see this much progress in such a short amount of time. I love my new room. As I was putting the room back together I noticed the new color scheme matches the globes. I'm such a nerd, this makes me giddy! I think it is fun how girly it looks. I didn't think I had it in me! Lol!



I had an abstract painting I used as a teaching tool/poster in my room. I noticed it no longer matched the new room. I took it home to give it a face lift too. Doing so I found it is a great way to use up aging chunky acrylic paint! Hopefully it matches the room since I was painting in the dark. 

Thanks for letting me share my story. I have to vacuum the house, get ready for work tomorrow, but most importantly... take a shower and pass out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.