Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Calligraphy

I am obsessed with design and fonts, so you can see how I am naturally drawn to calligraphy. I am constantly seeing it on wedding invitations and stationary throughout the different design blogs I read. I decided to procrastinate this past weekend with teaching myself how to do calligraphy. I love the Copperplate style best, but am drawn to the calligraphers that have put their own style and updated twist to this traditional style of writing. I love the fluidity of line and movement that is the essence of calligraphy. I feel that practicing this will only strengthen my drawing and painting skills.

What is your most recent procrastination?






via B. Dunlap
Neithersnow-1Neithersnow-2
Mara Zepeda at Neither Snow


I love this example because it shows how calligraphic lines can be incorporated into drawing.

via Love Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.