Saturday, August 18, 2012

Classroom Set Up and Back to School

I've been hard at work setting up my classroom and getting myself ready for school to start. It has been a lot of fun making all the posters and revamping my class management. I spent far too much time this summer researching ideas on Pinterest, but the benefits are definitely obvious with the fun and creative learning environment that I've made. If you like the ideas in this post or interested in more click here for my Classroom Management board on Pinterest.

Here are a few pictures of what I've been working on.


Currently, my Complimentary Color board has the chameleons complimenting each other, but I'm interested in focusing more on art critiquing and developing art vocabulary and language this year. I plan on changing what the chameleons talk about eventually having them model correct phrasing. 




Under the "All Done" poster are bookcases with activities that students will be able to work on as they complete assignments. Next to this is a display of critical thinking questions that I found on multiple blogs. 


As I mentioned in a previous post, I found chameleon color themed display materials at Lakeshore. This is the color mixing portion under my still life materials. The pictures below display my classroom management and student jobs. Each table has 6 chairs and each seat is marked with a color. The colors coincide with the jobs listed. I plan on revamping some of the job descriptions and delegation of tasks, but I have not gotten that far yet. 




New Art room rules!


I still have a lot to do to get ready, but I wanted to share what I have done so far. Thanks for letting me show off! Lots more to do in the next week! Happy back to school!

Thank you,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.