Saturday, November 17, 2012

When Passions Collide!

I have been slowly working my way through the lesser known Grimm's Fairy Tales through the creation of drawings. One drawing I did based on the tale "Seven Ravens"involved coloring a LOT of hair. It was by far the most time consuming part of the project. Since the completion of this drawing I have been sensitive to color combos similar to what I used in coloring the hair. Cephalopod Yarns must have heard my prayers, because they came out with a new yarn color way call Kalamazoo that fits the bill. Kalamazoo embodies the black with a multitude of purples, blues, teals, and glints of magenta that I painstakingly added to her hair.

To combine both my loves, I am now knitting using the Kalamazoo to make a shawl (my first). I'll keep you posted on the progress.

I love kismet!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.