Monday, January 28, 2013

Progress Paintings for Sunrise Coffee

I don't know about you, but I love progress shots! Painting and drawing for me is like putting a puzzle together. You have jumbled ideas and images to organize, determine what steps to take first in assembling the the masterpiece through shapes, shades, and colors. I love seeing the transformation from scribbled doodle to completed work. I say complete, but it is never "completed". There will always something you can do better...for next time.

I have been working on a painting for display at Sunrise Coffee and it has taken me all month to do. Some of this is because it is simply time consuming to paint something this large, but I also work a full time job and have had commissions that i have come up along the way. This painting has seemed endless especially when I have so many other paintings and drawing that I would like to get to work on.

I wanted to share the progression and transformation. You can see the layers of color, but also how I slowly tweaked her facial features.


Thanks for letting me share the fun and magic!
I will keep you posted about more information regarding my solo show in April!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.