Sunday, October 20, 2013

Conquering the Plumbing Catastrophe

I've been in the midst of one plumbing catastrophe after another. My wallet being hit hardest in all of this. First my water softener died, sending resin beads throughout the house's plumbing shutting off the water supply. Which meant it all needed to be flushed, parts replaced and a new water softener. I had no running water for the week. There was one whole day of running water and all was well in the world until the water heater died. My body being jealous of the attention I was giving the house's plumbing decided to rebel in protest sending me to the emergency room with plumbing problems of my own.

Feeling I was back on track again, until the hot water stopped running in my kitchen sink. The plumber came out and said my kitchen faucet was completely corroded and needed to be replaced. $500 if I bought the faucet from them or $225 if I bought my own faucet. Feeling that was an absolutely absurd estimate, I went to Lowe's and picked up a faucet and decided to install it myself. I couldn't be more proud of how it turned out. I've wanted a new one since I moved into the house 5 years ago, but nervous I was going to break something and end up with a flood in my kitchen. I have really deep dual sinks and it is difficult to clean without a sprayer. I now have the spraying kitchen faucet that I have been yearning for, at a decent price and I did it all by myself!

BEFORE

AFTER with all the old corroded pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.