Monday, October 7, 2013

Upcoming gallery show: Pop Art House Gallery

I'm currently working on an oil painting for a group show at the Pop Art House gallery here in Henderson, NV. The only constraints to the project is that it has to be 5x5 in dimensions. So really, the possibilities are endless.

I started this painting because I have been homesick for the Bay Area. The weather around here has cooled down and has been reminding me of home. Due to time limitations and developing the idea backwards to making it. The painting has been quite a challenge. I would have loved to collage map pieces from Oakland onto the canvas to create texture and background. Instead I created abstract map lines and quadrants in pastel colors to be a representation of a map of home. I've been scared to work on the painting, because I didn't want to mess it up. Yesterday as I was working on her, she seemed to evolve in front of my eyes. So glad I just relaxed and let it happen.

Here is a sneak peek at what she looks like now. I still have many hours to go and can't wait to keep going!

Home: oil paint on canvas 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.