Sunday, April 20, 2014

Inspiration from Home

Feeling the call of the ocean I decided to go home for Spring Break this year. Inspired by the Monterey Bay Aquarium's new exhibit "Tentacles"  I have been drawing and painting cephalopods and other sea life. I desperately miss the blues and greens of the California coast. If you can't make it to California, I stumbled upon the MB Aquarium live camera feeds and enjoy putting them on to watch while a work in my studio.

I have been trying really hard to get better about sketching daily. This is partly for practice, but also for the fun of it. I need to practice my drawing and painting for improving technique and to ignite my imagination and creativity. I have been feeling so stagnant and the last few weeks of painting has been so freeing. I haven't enjoyed myself like this in a while.

Here is a taste of my practice drawings and study paintings from the last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.