Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Zentangle = Simple Fun

Part of the reason I started this blog was to force myself to do some self exploration. I stopped creating and now have lost the ability to express myself through my art. I paint for: practice, to decorate my house, or because someone requests it. I REALLY want to make art for me again. I have lost a sense of self and am desperate to get it back.

I ran across a site called Zentangle. There I found drawings that remind me of what I do when I am bored, stuck in a staff meeting or what I used to do in high school when I was procrastinating on homework. That said, I decided it was a good jumping off point to begin relaxing my mind and letting the drawing just flow. Fingers crossed that my mind opens up and something beyond doodles comes out of this.

It is definitely fun and relaxing! Next time you're bored in a meeting, waiting in the doctor's office or need to keep your hands busy while watching tv, get out a piece of paper and start. I like 4 in x 4 in squares to begin and when you feel comfortable let it expand. It is as simple as repeating a pattern or set of lines. Below is a picture of what I doodled this evening to give you an idea. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Relax and Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.