Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Knitting for a Good Cause

A few days ago I found out about a fantastic opportunity to knit for a good cause through Cephalopod Yarns. What is this cause? Well it is "Americans are making afghans for Afghans". It is a wonderful cause and so nice to be able to put my knitting addiction to good use. They ask that you donate a knitted hat, socks, or mittens/gloves and in return you get a $32 credit to their store. Free yarn! You don't have to ask me twice! So I knitted up a brilliantly colored hat and am in the process of mailing it out today. I've got my eye on a beautiful yarn called Bugga in Ghost Moth, but to confess I love Golden Tortoise Beetle and Splendour Beetle too! Variegated rainbow colors seem to be calling to me recently.

The deadline is the end of this month to mail in your projects, so you better get a move on if you want to participate in this amazing opportunity.

Capucine pattern: Yarn is Loops and Threads Kaleidoscope in Carnival

Bugga in sport weight: Ghost Moth
Thank you,






2 comments:

  1. That hat is absolutely adorable..love the cheerful colors. You have a great blog going here~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments Kathy! Can't tell you how much that means to me!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.