Friday, January 18, 2013

Upcoming Show: First Solo Show!

I'm proud to announce that I have been invited to have my own solo show in April at Blackbird Studios here in Las Vegas. I've been hard at work getting it together. Painting and drawing into the wee hours of the night and again when I wake up before dawn. I have only been given 3 months to put this whole thing together. . . so you know NO PRESSURE or anything! I have so many brilliant ideas and things I want to create and NO time to do it all. I'm nervous, excited, and completely stressed, but loving it all!

On top of that I have also been asked to have my work displayed at Sunrise Coffee for the months of February and March. This is a huge honor, because the coffee shop is owned by none other than Amy Sol's brother! Eek! Again. . . NO PRESSURE!

Th current theme I am working on stems from my recent Grimm art. I am developing my own fairytale utilizing the imagery that I am obsessed with lately (i.e. woodland creatures, bargeboards, female figures, and auto-biographical traits). Instead of trying to choose one aspect of who I am to develop a show around, I chose to combine all of it. I wish this show to be an amalgamation of the childhood innocence and hopeless romantic aspects, but also my dark and twisty cynical side. I am drawing inspiration Grimm fairytales, the Brother's Quay, and architectural designs.

Wish me luck and I hope you are able to stop by and check out my art! I'll keep you posted when I get more information. For sneak peeks into the work in progress check out my Tumblr at http://constantly-constance.tumblr.com

Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to sharing more with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.