Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Elinya Shawl Completed

Two weeks ago I started a new knitting project and today I am happy to report I completed it! It was an absolute joy to knit. As I keep saying, the yarn was like butter running through my fingers as I knit. I'm allergic to wool and this shawl doesn't make me itchy like so many of my other projects do. The combination of cotton and cashmere is a dream to wear and to knit with. Rumor has it the combination is known to pill, but I'm okay with that.

The first time I tried this pattern I really didn't understand the directions of how to do the picot bind off and it came out rather flat. The end result still looked alright to me and nobody would know unless I told them. This time around I decided to do some research and watch a YouTube video on the process to see where I went wrong. It took me a quarter of the way into the bind off to totally understand what I was supposed to do and understand the mechanics of the stitch. After fighting and fumbling my way through that first section it was a breeze after that. So glad I was able to pick up speed too, it was taking an eternity to bind off! 

Elinya Shawl pattern

I blocked it all out this morning and will weave in the ends tomorrow during my weekly knitting group. If you are a member of Ravelry.com here is the link to the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.