Friday, July 27, 2012

Turning Off and Unplugging

Sorry I haven't written in awhile. I was feeling like technology and the internet were sucking the life out of me. I needed to get out and be free of the shackles of social media, and the choke hold my computer had on me.

I recently invested in a new bike and have been going on daily rides as the sun comes up. This is the best time because it is before it is too unbearably hot. My bike is a cute little cruiser with a bell, a wicker basket, and I added an odometer to help me track the distances I have been traveling. I am having the best time going on adventures cruising along on my new bike. I decided to upgrade from my previous one since I live on the top of a steep hill (half way up a mountain) and the single speed bike wasn't cutting it anymore. I have also been trying my best to keep active in an effort to lose weight.

I was also feeling like I had been hiding behind a false sense of productivity with my painting and knitting. In essence, I was running away and hiding. i declared, No more pity party and have been having the best time being out and about. I've lost 4 pounds this week and have a much better outlook lately.



Yesterday, I upgraded my 10 year old fish tank to a larger one, going from a 5 gallon to a 15 gallon. Later today when the stores open I will be going to finish buying the accessories and figuring out what other fish to add to my tank.

This here is Big Daddy. Based on the character from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.  Yes,  his companion is Sister Woman.


Last but not least, I started teaching a knitting class. A few of my friends were interested in learning and I had already had it in my head to get my friends together for some sort of crafting time. I love to make things, but it is incredibly lonely doing so all by myself. This way I get to be creative, share my passion, and socialize with my friends. Not sure how it could get any better!

Thanks for letting me share!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on everything! Sounds like you're feeling pretty good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Trying to get it all in before school starts again in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will appear as soon as it has been cleared by Constantly Constance editor.